Difference between revisions of "Call20200521"
From GNU Radio
(Created page with "h1. Agenda * GRCon ** Virtual this year! ** Talks will be streamed, free for everyone ** Four half-days of talks, free for everyone ** Four half-days of workshops, for $50 (o...")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 05:43, 22 May 2020
- Virtual this year!
- Talks will be streamed, free for everyone
- Four half-days of talks, free for everyone
- Four half-days of workshops, for $50 (one pass for all workshops)
- Want to submit? https://www.gnuradio.org/grcon/grcon20/submit
- You probably have a month or so to submit (rolling submissions, so will close once the schedule is full)
- The Charlotte GRCon will happen 2021
- We need your help! Online moderators, general assistance
- Email email@example.com
- We were accepted! Yay!
- Two students were accepted, and will work on gr-dpd (digital predistortion), and read-only GRC flowgraphs. At the very least, not having those is a security issue.
- In the past, GSoC OOTs fell out of maintenance. Not the student's fault, and some students have maintained their OOTs, but not all
- gr-verilog and gr-bokehgui have been moved to the GNU Radio GitHub org. notou
- GRCon chat will be on Matrix
- Previously, we use SWIG to wrap C++ into Python
- For many various reasons, we want to move away from SWIG. It's complicated, and hard to keep going with various versions of dependencies and compilers.
- Similar to Boost.Python, but more modern.
- Most of the work done by Josh M. Many thanks!
- Easier to debug than SWIG!
- For Python developers, very little changes
- For C++ developers, you now have more control over your wrappers, but also more responsibility/work.
- But thanks to a previous GSoC project, we can auto-generate our bindings.
- If you're writing an OOT against master, it will break. Sorry! Watch out for that.
- There already has been breakage for OOTs (shared_ptr type)
- Once this is done, using PyBind11 is hopefully easier than SWIG
- Trust us, we really hate breaking master. Sometimes it's necessary.