Notes about the video meetings
Saturday 17 October 2020, 20:00 UTC
After some technical difficulties with Big Blue Button, we moved to Zoom and succeeded in doing the planned agenda:
- Brief walk-through of Simulation example: FSK
- Presentation of gr-RTTY-basics package
- Audio loopback demo
- Live Over-the-Air demo
The time (20:00 UTC) proved to be too late for participants East of Greenwich, so an earlier one was scheduled for 7 November.
Saturday 7 November 16:00 UTC
The meeting followed the agenda above. There was a minor audio difficulty with the loopback, but I proceeded to present the Over-the-Air demo successfully.
View the presentation on https://www.youtube.com/c/GNURadioProject/
Saturday 12 December 2020 16:00 UTC
Subject: Transmit / Receive switching and station control
Presenter: Gavin Jacobs VE7GSJ
- Requirements for TX/RX switching
- VE7GSJ Solution (hardware & GNURadio Companion)
- Demo on 2m repeater
- GRC flowgraph: Media:Nb-fm-voice.grc
- Presentation slides:
Join Zoom Meeting:
Questions and Suggestions for future meetings
- The Ham Radio chat room on Matrix is available for follow-up and continuing discussion.
- server: https://chat.gnuradio.org
- or via the Homeserver in a matrix app: gnuradio.matrix.ungleich.cloud
- room: #HamRadio:gnuradio.org
- Questions about meetings can be sent to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Hardware to operate below 50 MHz.
- Final Determination letter from the US State Department concerning the amateur radio satellite service.