GNU Radio Working Groups
Starting with GRCon13, working groups were created to focus the work on GNU Radio. Currently, the following working groups exist:
- Embedded Systems (Leader: Philip Balister)
- Co-processors and hardware acceleration (Leader: Doug Geiger)
- VOLK (Leader: Nathan West)
- GNU Radio Companion (Leader: Sebastian Koslowski)
- Community Development & User Experience (Leader: Martin Braun), including the GNU Radio Educators Group (Leader: Richard Prestage)
- Functional Architectures for Signal Processing Systems (Leader: Tim O'Shea)
Currently, all the discussion in these groups go through discuss-gnuradio. It helps if you tag your messages with square brackets, e.g. [VOLK] or [GRC].
Developer and Working Group Calls
For specific projects, we often put together a task force for a limited period of time to work on a given task. These are usually disbanded once the goal is reached.
- Tutorials Task Force -- Worked on the new set of tutorials. Was active in 2014, the group's work ended with the release of the tutorials. Active Contributors: Martin Braun, Ben Hilburn, Ankit Kaushik, Marcus Müller, Alfredo Muniz, Tom Rondeau.
- PyBombSquad -- CGRAN overhaul and PyBOMBS integration.
Special Interest Groups
At GRCon20, it was decided to form an Amateur Radio Group to meet monthly via video. See HamRadio#GNU_Radio_Amateur_Radio_monthly_meeting_group for details. (Leader: Barry Duggan KV4FV)