Reads raw data values in binary format from the specified file. This file can be a file that was captured using a File Sink block, generated with a computer program or saved from an audio editor such as Audacity (using suitable RAW format options).
- File (R)
- Filename of binary file. Note: The file MUST be on the local computer.
The file size must not be less than 8 bytes, otherwise it gives the following error: "RuntimeError: file is too small"
- Output Type
- Because a binary file does not store information about what type of data is in it, we have to tell GNU Radio the format.
- Repeat (R)
- Whether or not to repeat the signal, once the end of the file is reached
- Add Begin Tag (R)
- Key of a tag to add to the first sample of the stream, and if Repeat is true, the first sample of each repeated copy. The provided expression must create a PMT. For example,
pmt.intern("example_key")will create a key that represents the string
"example_key". See Polymorphic_Types_(PMTs) and Stream_Tags for more information.
- Start offset samples/items after the beginning of the file
- Read only this number of items beginning from offset(offset+len). 0 will read until the end of the file.
This flowgraph can be found at .
- C++ files
- Header files
- Public header files
- Block definition